Car Tips & Frequently Ask Questions
- Inspect engine belts regularly (every oil change). Worn belts will affect the engine performance and likely leave you sitting on the side of the road. Look for cracks and missing sections.
- Have all fluids checked, including regularly (every oil change): Transfer case, Differential, Brake, Power steering, Transmission, Engine Oil, Windshield washer and Antifreeze. These fluids play a big role in the performance of your vehicle.
- Have you oil changed regularly - every 3,000 miles for Conventional 5000 miles for most Synthetic.
- Have you Transmission Fluid changed regularly - every 2 years or 24,000 miles.
- Check you lights everyday, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights. Its a safety issue not to mention a tail light the is out can be a big ticket today!
- Have your engine air filter checked with every oil change. However the air filter should be replaced every other oil change due to clogging which can cause a lack of power and damage the engine.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires will result in a loss of fuel efficiency. It is a inexpensive form to preventive and safety maintenance. Check your tires once a month.
- Tune up that engine! A fouled spark plug or plugged or restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 35 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. Extends the life of the chassis by keeping it lubricated.
- Check battery and cables - posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. This is a main reason for most electronics failures. Batteries are more likely to go bad in the colder months but most batteries fail without warning.
- Check wiper blades for cracks, tears and for good windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.